Please note, these apply to all DJ, Photobooths, Photography and Videography Services
The following text represents the general terms and conditions of Dash Events.
- Booking Invoice, An agreement issued to all Clients at the time of booking any of our Packages and Services.
- Dash Events, in consideration of the total amount specified, will provide the services on the date of function, at the agreed location for the agreed performance times, as stated on the Booking invoice Form.
- The services consist of music selection from the Company’s music library and providing suitable equipment to play the selected music.
- The Company will make every effort to play all requests, subject to such music is available on the date and suitability for the function and venue.
- The Company will take reasonable steps to obtain songs not contained in the music library. If in the unlikely event the Company is unable to obtain a particular track, Dash Events Dj’s will inform the customer as soon as possible.
- The selection of equipment to be used at the event is left to the discretion of the Company and is based on the size and conditions of the event location.
- Function = Event, Party, Wedding Reception, Club/Corporate/Commercial event, any organized entertainment.
- DJ / TEAM = Us, We, Company, Dash Events
- Client = You, Hirer, Function Coordinator, Event manager, Club management, Customer.
Booking and Payment
To confirm and secure your booking, you will receive a confirmation booking/ invoice from Dash Events, stating date, price, and location. If you did not receive a Confirmation Booking that will be because your event hasn't been confirmed.
To book and reserve Dash Events, a Contract/Booking Invoice must be signed and a $100 deposit required. The remaining balance is due one week prior to the event date. *All events booked within one month of the event date require the full event balance paid within 5 days prior to the event date.
- Any cancellation must be made no less than 21 days prior to the scheduled occasion. Notification must be in writing. In the event that such cancellations are made within 10 days of the scheduled occasion, the client shall owe the balance due within 5 days of the notice of cancellation.
- All deposits and payments are non-refundable. This 21 day period allows us a fair and reasonable time period to possibly gain back a booking for the date, as we will have turned away other potential customers while holding your reservation.
- In the event that an occasion must be rescheduled due to rain or any other circumstances, Dash Events can transfer any deposits based on the availability of the DJ and of Dash Events Team. In the event, Dash Events is unavailable on the new rescheduled date and it is 21 days prior to the occasion, a full refund will be issued. In the event the occasion is within 21 days of the original booking all deposits and payments would be forfeited.
- There shall be no discounts or refunds given in the event that the occasion is finished earlier than the time period contracted. The balance shall be due and payable to Dash Events no later than 5 days prior to the event date.
Standard of Dress
- The DJ will be dressed appropriately for the occasion. The DJ dresses as a guest of the event.
- One Meal to be provided.
- The Client agrees to provide a meal for Dash Events staff member/s during any catered engagement that operates for longer than 3 hours.
- Extended Performance Hours.
- The Client may request that the DJ plays longer than the contracted performance times. Dash Events will provide an extended performance at the specified overtime rate, provided any overtime is paid in full at the time of the request and that approval has been obtained from the venue Manager if applicable. The availability of the Company for overtime cannot be guaranteed.
Health and Safety
- The Client shall provide DJ with safe and appropriate working conditions.
- DJ requires a MINIMUM of one 10 amp circuit outlet from a reliable power source within 10 meters (along with the wall) of the setup area. This circuit must be free of all other connected loads.
- The DJ, at his discretion, reserves the right to discontinue all or part of the equipment usage if the power provided is not capable of operating the equipment. Without the risk of damage to the equipment, the Company, personnel or the public, or if the working environment constitutes a health and safety risk.
- The surface on which DJ’s are to play cannot be dirt, gravel, or any other unstable surface. If applicable, the customer agrees to furnish a facility that completely covers the Company’s equipment from direct sunlight and rain.
- If service must be discontinued for any of the aforementioned reasons, the full balance is still due.
- The Client will be responsible for any damage, normal wear and tear excluded, to equipment (sound/lighting equipment, music library and/or company vehicles) provided during the contracted time period, including the time allowed for setting up and packing away, unless damage is due to the…
- In order to prevent equipment damage DJ reserves the right to deny any individual other than employees of Dash Events access to the sound system or any other equipment in his possession.
- Dash Events requires a minimum of 60 minutes for set-up and 40 minutes to pack away equipment.
- The Company will not, under any circumstances, cut corners regarding the health and safety procedures inherent in this process.
- The Client will be responsible for the theft of any equipment (sound/lighting equipment and/ or music library), along with any personal/business belongings of Dash Events personnel.
- Dash Events, at its discretion, reserves the right to discontinue all services on the function date until such items are returned, or an agreement has been reached regarding suitable recompense.
- The Client is responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event whether those persons are invited or not. Dash Events do not take any responsibility for controlling rowdy behavior or rejecting unwanted persons from the venue. Our Team has the right to perform in a safe environment.
- DJ reserve the right to cease performance should any physical, verbal abuse, or intimidating actions be made to the DJ or anyone accompanying the DJ. If the Client is able to resolve the threatening situation within a reasonable amount of time (maximum of 15 minutes), DJ shall resume performance in accordance with the original terms and conditions of this agreement. The client will be advised of any problems that we may have in this respect with any of your guests.
- Client shall be responsible for payment in full, regardless of whether the situation is resolved, or whether DJ resumes performance.
- The Company is not responsible for any power outages. Since every reasonable safeguard is assured the Company cannot be held responsible for any sudden malfunction or breakdown of any electrical equipment as this is an unavoidable occurrence and is outside of our control.
- We will, however, make every reasonable effort to rectify the situation. In the extremely unlikely event that suitable backup equipment is not available, the Company will refund the portion of fees paid prorated to any time lost or if in the extremely unlikely a total failure occurs, the client will be refunded the total contracted fee in full. In this situation this will be the full extent of our liability he or she is entitled to and no further damages may be sought against Dash Events.
- Dash Events is not liable in any way for any injuries that may occur due to the actions of the Clients and/or any of the Clients guests. This may include but is not restricted to drunkenness or other forms of intoxication and misbehavior.
- If the performance start time is delayed due to the inability of the DJ to gain access to the performance area or any other delay beyond the DJ’s reasonable control, the Company will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.
- The same applies if the agreed performance time is cut short for any reason beyond the Company’s control.
- Liability is only limited to money paid by the client only.
- In the event of illness, Dash Events reserves the right to substitute the DJ assigned to the performance.
- The Company, at its discretion, reserves the right to apply additional charges in certain circumstances.
- These charges will only apply if the conditions of the function differ from that stated in the original Booking Agreement. For example, if the DJ incurs extra expenses in respect of parking fees etc.
- All written modifications or additions must be agreed upon by both the Company and the Client. This constitutes the entire agreement between the Client and the Company.
- No other terms or conditions implied or expressed not included in this document apply.
- All notices, acknowledgments or replies referred to in this document are to be made by post, or sent via Email to email@example.com
This agreement is binding, by booking with Dash Events you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. Once service has begun no amendments may be made. Dash Events has the right to modify these terms and conditions without prior warning.
- Based in Cranbourne.
- Disc Jockey since 2006.
- Music Styles: Varies... (80's, 90's, RnB, Alternative and etc.).
- Preferred DJ equipment: Pioneer CDJ2000 Nexus and Pioneer CDJM-2000.
- Photographer since 2007.
- Photography Styles: Portraits, Candid and Night.
- Photography Gear: Cannon 5D MKIV
Dylan FernandoOperations Manager / DJ / Photographer
- Based in Cranbourne.
I have always had a massive passion for photography and throughout my career, I have had the privilege of experiencing a wide variety of photography ventures. I started by photographing motor cross events and doing photoshoots for beauty companies, mainly for advertising purposes.
I have recently ventured into Wedding photography as well as event photography in the last 12 months.
Photography Gear: Cannon 5D MKIII
An expert DJ, Percussionist, Drummer, over 8 years of professional DJ experience with a good knowledge of music.
A very friendly and flexible when it comes to client care and customer service.
A key influencer in professional entertainment, and is constantly making the best moves to make Dash Events one of the best entertainment provider in Melbourne.
Music Styles : Chill Out / Dubstep / Electro House / R&B / HipHop / House / Reggae / Techno (70s,80s,90s,00s)
Preferred set-up/equipment you use: Pioneer CDJs & JBL Speakers
Shashindra DeMel (DJ-JEY)DJ